Parenting is a life long journey with many challenges. Parents of children with additional needs often experience high levels of stress and anxiety. If you are the parent of a child with additional needs, it is very helpful to have support and guidance along this journey.
- Do you struggle to express yourself clearly when communicating with schools and other services?
- Do you find it difficult to understand professional reports ?
- Do you feel overwhelmed and frustrated?
- Do you worry about your child and if his/her behaviour is ‘normal’?
Consultations are grounded in positive psychology and solution orientated approaches and could include discussion and guidance in the following areas:
- Communicating clearly with schools
- Responding to Behaviour
- Puberty and Disability
- Understanding professional reports.
- School visits with parents to provide support in communicating clearly with the school and facilitating IEP meetings
“It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men” (F.Douglas)